Traefik is used for http traffic on all docker hosts rather then apache because
- its easier to configure for docker
- we don't have to expose ports on the host for container
- its simple to remove and add services
- don't have to restart for config changes or addition or removal of services
- Traefik is configured to route all http traffik to https.
- Write access logs to
- service prometheus metrics on port 8080 of the host
- have its dashboard accessible from
- Generate lets encrypt certs for all containers and store them in acme.json
See docker-sevices repo for configs.